Giuseppe Lombardo, MEng, PhD
- Level III researcher at the National Research Council (CNR);
- From 2014 to 2016 he held the role of project manager for the technology transfer activities of interest of the Department of Physical Sciences and Technology of the Matter of the National Research Council
- From 2006 to 2010 he was CNR Scientific Manager of the TECHNEST incubator.
- He was CNR Scientific Manager for numerous projects funded by the Ministry of Economic Development and the Ministry of Education and University, including:
1) project PON01_00110 "Innovative nanotechnology platforms for the delivery of drugs in ophthalmology"
2) ) project PON01_01840 "Program of Renewable Energies and Micro-Cogeneration for Agro-industry";
3) VIGOR project, "Evaluation of the Geothermal potential of the RegiOni di conveRgenza".
He is the author of more than n. 90 scientific publications in international scientific journals; he has presented more than 60 talks at national and international conferences; he is also the author of 7 patents. Among the awards received are the national award on liquid crystal applications (SICL2000) "best graduation thesis in the field of liquid crystal displays"; he received a prize from the Reggio Calabria’s Chamber of Commerce for having developed a simulator of ocular aberrations induced by refractive surgery.
Giuseppe Lombardo has skills in the design and implementation of experimental techniques and devices for the study of the structural properties of complex anisotropic systems (biological and non-biological) and in the development of mathematical models for the analysis and prediction of their behavior.
He is expert in confocal and multi-photon microscopy, in spectroscopic techniques, in optical systems for ophthalmology, in the design and development of data acquisition and processing systems. He is an expert in technology transfer and protection of intellectual property issues.
He was co-founder, together with Ing. P. Zappacosta (in turn co-founder of Logitech) of Innova Solar Energy Solutions SPA start-up. He has coordinated the research and experimental development of prototype systems up to the engineering of the first thermodynamic system of co-generation of energy from solar source (holder of 3 international patents extended in USA/CHINA/EU)"
- 2004: Masters in Biomedical Engineering
- 2002: PhD in Electronic Engineering in 2002
- 1998: Graduated in Electronic Engineering in 1998 with 110/110 cum laude
He has carried out periods of research training in Italy and abroad both at University and Industrial laboratories.